Basic Knowledge of Glazed Porcelain Tile
Glazed Porcelain Tile
(1) Glazed porcelain tile is made by firing the embryo body surface with glaze. The main body is divided into pottery body and porcelain body. Tiles made by firing pottery are red on back while those made by firing porcelain clay are off-white on back.
(2) Glazed porcelain tile surface can be made a variety of designs and patterns, whose colors and patterns are more abundant than those on the polished tiles. Because of the glaze on the surface, the abrasive resistance of glazed tile is not good enough as that of polished tile and vitrified tile.
(3) The identification of glazed porcelain tiles bases on not only size, but also water absorption. Generally high quality tiles enjoy high density, high firing temperature and small water absorption.
(4) Glazed porcelain tiles are usually applied for kitchen and bathroom. They enjoy rich colors and patterns and excellent non-skid property. Glazed tiles are generally not very large, but they can be very small, such as mosaic. Current home improvement, about 80% of buyers select glazed porcelain tiles for floor decoration materials.
(5) Glazed tile is the most common type of decoration materials. According to different glosses, it can be divided into glazed porcelain tile and matte glazed tile.
Classifications o f Glazed Porcelain Tiles
According to different raw materials, they are divided into: ceramic glazed tiles, made by firing pottery, with high water absorption, generally low strength, main feature as red back; porcelain glazed tile, made by firing porcelain clay, with low water absorption, relatively high strength, main feature as off while back. Because the glazed porcelain tiles have a variety of pattern designs and strong stain resistance capacity, they are widely used for decoration of walls and floors in life.
Differences between Vitrified Tiles and Glazed Porcelain Tiles
As to the hardness, the one with water absorption above 0.5% is glazed tile, and the one with water absorption lower than 0.5% is vitrified tile. Glazed porcelain tiles contain little ceramic, but the surface has been sprayed glaze so that they are pretty with good antifouling property; they are primarily used in kitchen and bathroom walls and floors. Vitrified porcelain tiles are full ceramic tile, with high hardness and wear resistance, not easy to have surface damage after long lasting using. Thanks to stable performance, they are mainly used for the living room floors and bathroom walls.
As to the antiskid, glazed porcelain tiles have diversified colors, are antifouling and non-slip, but their abrasion resistance is worse than that of vitrified tiles, with apparent abrasion after being used for long time; vitrified tiles enjoy higher vitrified degree, with hard and wear resisting surface. They are easy to clean with long lasting performance stability (It's better to get on wax before use to improve pollution prevention.) The non-skid property of vitrified porcelain tiles is slightly weaker than that of glazed porcelain tiles. When choosing tiles, pay attention to its anti-slip properties, testing it by pouring water on the surface of the tile.
As to the price, as vitrified tiles have higher requirements on materials, properties and technique for porcelain tile manufacturer, they cost much higher than the glazed porcelain tiles. There is also a kind of rustic glazed porcelain tile with more beautiful surface textile treatment. It is better than ordinary glazed porcelain tiles.
www.dongpeng.com specializes in making ceramic floor tile and ceramic wall tile, industrial tiles and sanitary wares is one of the specialized ceramic manufactures that enjoy largest production scales, complete product specifications and good reputation.